Monday, October 30, 2006

Irksome

The Logan's. They were a normal family, consisting of two parents, and their only daughter. Having a normal dinner of fried trout together.


"Annabelle, enough with the piercings already. Look at your left ear, that area is certainly not one for piercings! And besides, it looks as if its terribly infected!" the mother said as her fingers touched the upper part of her daughter's left ear.

The Logan family were a very old fashioned one. But although raised in a very old-fashioned way with very old-fashioned thinking, the only daughter of the family took no care whatsoever as to what her family thought, as long as what she was doing was not against the law or in any way harmful to her health. And the last time she checked, ear piercings were not against the law.

The daughter immediately began to swat her mother's hand away; as if swatting a fly.

"Mum, please. Enough with that already. I know what I am doing." replied her ever hard-headed, willful and perhaps a little more ignorant than she would ever think she was daughter.

"I've given up trying to be a good father. If anything happens to you, don't come to me; except if its something normal. Otherwise, don't come to me. Go to your mother." exclaimed the man of the family, with blood rushing to his face.

"What do you mean by normal? Please define." the daughter spat the questions out in annoyance, with the last sentence laced with dripping sarcasm.

"Such as, if you have a flu or a fever; the normal sicknesses, you may come to me. But if you ever get AIDS or some other big disease, then don't come to me. I do not want to know."
the father replied, his entire head red with rage now.

"Yes, dad. So when there comes a day when you have noticed that I did not come home, it means that I either got laden with child, or that I had gotten AIDS or both and- "

"Don't you dare threaten me! I am just saying that I shan't be responsible for your actions!" the father interrupted.

The daughter had wanted to say that she has never went to him at all whenever she fell sick; always to her mother. It was him who was given the task of bringing her to the doctor's everytime she fell sick, because her mother had not the time. She also wanted to add that whenever she fell sick, it was her father who came to her to ask of her welfare, and whether she needed to see the doctor. She had never once went to him, never. But she held her tongue. She did not want to start an argument. She kept her seething rage inside. The only hint of anger she showed was by spitting her fish bones out with extra force.

Sensing the palpable tension in the air, the mother quickly resumed her small talk.

"The pears seem to have ripen, they taste much sweeter now." she said nervously, as she handed a freshly cut piece of pear to her daughter. She took it without a word.


It was just another dinner at the Logan household.







***


Hahahahahahahaha I've got 5 and a half more essays to write for my moral project and I haven't even started on my AddMaths project and both are due this week hahahahahahahahahaha.



Fuck myself and my last-minuteness. =.=

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home