Saturday, February 07, 2009

It was on Grafton Street on a rainny night I was down on one knee and you were mine for life

I feel like having some mashed potatoes.

William's has nice mashed potatoes. But for RM5, I think it's quite a rip off.

Nevertheless, I feel like some mashed potatoes from William's.


After posting pictures up for this post, I'm going to be wanting more than mashed potatoes.


Jade, Steph and I went fine dining in KL last Saturday.
May Ee told me that the street was behind Heritage Row.
Which it wasn't, and thus we couldn't find our way to that street with all the restaurants so we had to call Siang up to ask him for directions.

Thanfully the roads were quite clear that night haha.


After reaching the street (Jalan Alor), we couldn't decide on which restaurant.
So we went two rounds around it, and finally decided on Frangipani since before this I kept insisting that Frangipani was somewhere on Heritage Row and the other places that Steph knew about she'd already tried the food there.

So we left the car with the valet, and went inside!


Hence began the jakun-ing!




Photobucket

The second time we passed by this area lol


Photobucket

Jade the driver


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jade says she'll look silly if she smiled while she was driving so she didn't want to haha!


Photobucket

But she gave in in the end ^^


Photobucket

Happy passengers aboard the Toyota 1.8 litre engine Altis!


Photobucket

A "self portrait".
Better known in our world as "camwhoring"


Photobucket

Finally, we got there.


Photobucket

Looks like some cheap dodgy motel right.


Photobucket

But the inside is a posh restaurant filled with yellow lights and classical music playing in the background.
There's a sort-of pond in the middle of the entire space, with the tables for guests placed around it.


Photobucket

After entering the main entrance of the restaurant which is a small door, we found ourselves in something like a dark foyer.

The head waiter then asked us if we'd just like the have drinks, or if we'd like to have dinner.

The bar is upstairs, and the dinner parlor is downstairs.

He then opened a wide two-door with long stainless steel handles to the dining parlor.


Photobucket

The first thing they served to us.
Like Italiannies, they serve you bottomless amounts of bread!

This was only our second round of bread.

Actually we think that they do not actually serve bottomless bread, but because of the way we were jakun-ing around the head waiter probably took pity on us and told them to keep serving us bread as long as we finished our servings of bread. HAHA.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Steph was loving the endless servings of bread hahahhaa

So were Jade and I hahaha


Photobucket

Photobucket

The bread was warm and the hard buttr just melted right on top of it


Photobucket

So cute!



After our first serving of bread, the head waiter came back and asked if we needed help ordering.

So he suggested us a few dishes and Jade mentioned a few dishes she thought would be nice bla bla bla a few moments later we decided on two appetizers and two main courses.




Photobucket

Before the food came I had to go pee first.


Photobucket

I love the sinks! But yeah I guess now almost every posh/semi-posh restaurant hs sinks like that in their bathrooms.

I also like that they give you towels AND tissue, so you get to choose which you prefer to dry your hands.


Photobucket

The inside of the cubicle.
Yes I was taking a piss.


Photobucket

Photobucket

While waiting for our food to come...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's a live plant!
So pretty ^^


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was complimentary.

We think it's duck. HAHA.

Like all fine dining restaurants, the dishes came in small portions.

But every time the food touches your tongue, it's like a burst of flavours it heightens your senses and you feel like cumming.

Haha yes. ORGASMIC.


Photobucket

I don't remember the names of the dishes.

But this was some mozarella thing with tomatoes and aubergines all layered one atop the other.

I tried this first, and already I thought it was delicious.


Photobucket

But nothing prepared me for this.

This was THE best dish all night.The salmon was soft and tender and the salmon roe made my panties wet.

It was SO full of flavor. My vocab is rather limited so I can't exactly describe it well, but I'll try.

When I bit into the salmon roe it was like a burst of taste and flavor over my tongue and what went through my head at that moment was I don't mind if the bill came up to however much. Which it did. But more on that later. Haha.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Jade having an orgasm.

I have a picture of my orgasm face too but I'm not posting it up. =P


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That empty seat is Dina's :)


Photobucket

Lamb. The meat was not too rare and not too well done, I LOVE the crusty part.

I'm not usually a fan of tomato based sauces, but this dish is an exception. The tomato based sauce complimented the meat so well.


Photobucket

But this, I have to say, was the second best dish of the night.
Actually come to think of it, I can't decide whether I enjoyed this more or the salmon more.

This is deep fried (I think, because the skin was so crispy() duck with mashed potatoes on crispy fired potato skin.

Steph was so cute; she kept going on about how the sauce looked like little pieces of shit LOL. It kind of does right haha.

But this was absolutely wonderful. I didn't know I could enjoy duck THIS much.


Photobucket

After that the waiter came back with the menu and we ordered desert.

This is raspberry cake with strawberries, chocolate and vanilla cream.

The desert was alright, but I think the desert at Ms. Read cafe is almost just as good, and probably cheaper as well.


Photobucket

Dark chocolate ganache something something.

This was VERY nice. I'm just not a fan of nuts in my food (except for my nasi lemak haha don't be sore pls babykins).

The chocolate was smooth and not too hard or too soft; and the sweet egg white balanced up the bitterness of the chocolate just right.




Then it was time to ask for the bill.

Each of us took a guess at how much the bill would be.

I said 300.

Steph said "no laa 250 only."

Jade said, "I don't think it'd be so cheap... 280."


The bill came: RM324.10.


Haha stunned!


When we were first seated, the waiter asked if we would like distilled or sparkling water, so we said distilled.

What we should've said was plain.

Because distilled water came in bottles which meant (we figured this out much later) that we'd have to pay for it.

So we paid RM36, just for water.

Bah I knew about this earlier from stories I've heard by other people who complained they had to pay for water, but I totally did not remember!


We exited the restaurant considerably poorer; but very, very satisfied.




Photobucket

Photobucket

I <3 Steph's Charles and Keith peep toe heels.




Right. It's time to call my babykins. ^^

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home