Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm running to you baby.

I am in Penang, once again. Yeah, I just came last week haha.

The only reason my dad drives us up here 4 times a year was to visit my my grandmama.

And now that she's gone... guess I'll be taking the bus here next time.


I heard the news on Monday during lunch time when I was eating the cheap beef pasta Leysh and I got from Cold Storage in Midvalley.

I felt little emotion then.


But as I was walking toward my grandmother's house, carrying my purple duffel bag and my pillow like I always did since I was able to walk; I saw the white tents with tables and chairs lined outside which were set up for the guests and the driveway where my cousin's green Piccanto was parked the last time I was here sat a big paper mansion with paper servants... and my weary mother waiting for me with open arms.
I felt her frame quiver as she held me tightly and told me she missed me.

Then I felt this whole wave of emotion.

My grandmother, the only one I had ever known... had really left for a better place.

The cousin whom I grew up with was walking behind me the whole time; she had started to cry when she saw the white tents.

And like I told Slimy... I guess it didn't really sink in until I saw the funeral decoration and the coffin.


I feel funny now. Funny weird, not funny funny.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home