Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Always remember that you can never change a person... they have to want to change themselves.

Agh. Today I did something I swore I would never do; and that is attempt to change a person.

I've always had this little rule where if I can't accept him smoking, then I won't want anything to do with him besides being friends.

Yes, the smoking really bothers me.

And today I unconsciously tried to make him stop.
Obviously my efforts, albeit unintended, were thrown right back in my face and I was asked to "grow up".

Well yeah. I guess that's what I get for involving myself with someone who has habits I obviously can't stand. Those habits being mood swings, sniffing and of course, smoking.

Sigh, why don't I ever learn. Seriously.



Went to Coco Banana with May Ee and Dina on Friday the 13th.
Just as I mentioned that it was Friday the 13th while walking to the club a black cat appeared out of the shadows and Dina said "Don't cross my path don't cross my-" and it ran right across our paths.

Haha luckily nothing really bad happened besides this weird fella following us around and I got burnt by a cigarette butt. =.=



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket




Next morning I skipped Terry's to go to the US Education Fair.

When I stepped inside the MCA building I just felt so... lost. Haha, yes. Lost.
I saw Alison, a UWC USA scholar whom I met last year... and I felt even more scared.

But worst of all, incompetent.

In the first hour I was so lost I didn't even know what to look for. I didn't even know what I wanted to do anymore.

I wanna have a big, on-going career by the time I'm 30, a career that I like; and I've never actually seen myself having less than that.
Not until that day, when I suddenly realized how lost I was.

And then I thought to myself, at the rate that I'm going now, when I'm 55 I'd probably have 5 kids and a useless husband who can't do nothing else but love me and we'd have a combined income of RM7k a month (This is probably the 9043850934853rd time Jebat has probably heard me saying this haha).

The following thought was: Will I be happy with that? CAN I be happy with that?

At this time... I think I could. But I don't think I could as well.


Well, could you?



Photobucket

Sin Seanne, Retardina (haha quite cool right!), Jane and Wei Ping


Photobucket

Jebat and I
Thanks for listening to my shit the entire time we were there haha


Photobucket

Dina and I




You've probably read the previous previous post on our sort of failed attempt to take public transport home haha.
We waited a whole freaking hour for a bus that never came. =.=
As we were walking across the jejantas to get to where the Ikano bus would stop, we saw it already there.
So Dina said "Ching if we get on that bus we'll get into Swarthmore!" and so we ran with all our hearts.

Not even halfway, the bus left.


So we stood there, and then sat down on the pavement.
Waited, waited, waited.

Then took pictures.



Photobucket

:)



Finally we took the bus that headed back to 1U, and walked to Ikano from there.
Had good conversation at Dome Cafe, with really expensive Caesar Salad and really expensive drinks. Haha.



Photobucket

The Caesar Salad at Ms Read is WAY better



Then we walked back to my house and Dina took an hour to type the post you see below there WHICH SHE ALMOST DELETED luckily I clicked the undo button.



Photobucket



Come to think of it, this is one of the last few DinaChing times.
After so many years... our time is coming to an end.

You always hear people talking about how everything will end one day, and you go "yeah yeah yeah" and yet when it finally happens, you are still caught unaware.



Agh. Calculus.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

changing people isn't impossible, just that it takes time(with loads of rapport building). Having "hope" is a little dangerous, don't you think? When you actually put your faith into something which might not become reality.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home