Monday, June 16, 2008

But I'm in too deep, you know I'm such a fool for you... you've got me wrapped around your finger.

I woke up at 7.30am to do my calculus homework. And now I've like an hour to kill because I discovered that I can't go half the questions.

I. HAVE. to. stop. skipping. Coremath classes.


I skipped last Thursday sort of unintentionally.
Leysh and I went to Bangsar to kill time and ended up getting a manicure (for her) and a pedicure (for me).

I digress for a moment;
I'm damn stupid, I'm bloody broke right now but I went and splurged on a RM35 pedicure nonetheless WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?


So anyway, by the time we were done with our nails we were already 15mins late for class.
So we thought screw it lah no need go for class. Then we went to get our eyebrows threaded.

Sigh... no more of this, no more.


Yeah so last week Dina and I (plus Sin Seanne, Jebat, Jane, Wei Ping and Zean) went for the US Edu Fair.
The night before Dina, MayMay and I went to Coco Banana for some fun time. Turned out to be not so fun. Hahaha. Got this random fella following us wherever we went lucky never follow us to carpark. Scary dog.
And damn a lot Ah Peks (really Cina old men; imagine your dad going clubbing at a young adult hotspot, YES. I KNOW) there man. No, I'm not judging them, just... k fine, I am judging them, just a little.

I felt so lost at the Edu Fair. So lost that I didn't even know what to ask.
But after talking to a few people.. Quan Yuan's mom included (she's so nice I damn like her) I sorta had an idea of what I think I wanna do.

I had to start searching from scratch this year, cos last year all the Unis and Colleges I dug up on were mainly for Economics and the like... and just this year I've discovered that perhaps I'm just not cut out for Economics. With my non-analytical mind and all (YES, IT IS BUGGING ME) although I know I shouldn't take all these dumb personality tests to heart, but I did like what? 5 tests and they all told me the same thing: that my mind is just not inclined to this area.

So anyway. I have one uni and one college in mind right now: Swarthmore and Columbia.
I am aiming too high. I know it. No need to point it out. I KNOW.

Disappointment is probably imminent... but I'm going to give this a shot.



I started practicing driving with Daddy yesterday, and I am damn scared on the roads.
I am a terrible driver, I tell you. If anyone thinks Stephanie is a scared driver, wait til you sit in my car with me behind the wheel. Then you'll know who is a REALLY scared driver.

But for the sake of mobility I will get over this phase. I NEED TO. Can't stand not being able to move around.

The thought just hit me. My dad's been there for me all this while. The whole time I've been growing up.

He taught me to ride a bike on 4 wheels when I was 4yrsold, then rushed to my old primary school to take me to the dentist after I'd broken my tooth playing catching, gave me some bad memories to live with (hey, which father doesn't give you even a little of those?), came to my rescue when I did something stupid (I'm not ready to talk about it publicly, yet), and now he's teaching me to drive.

So yeah... now I know why I put up with him, all because he's my father.

And he's been there, is here, for me.


Speaking of my dad, I'd better go get ready for college now before he starts getting annoying. =.=



***








Owh Britney... I'VE MISSED YOU.

Pull it together baby giiirrrrrl.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, you remind me of my dad. He's already getting annoying when I still couldn't settle down for a job after graduation.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:47:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home