Saturday, January 13, 2007

I smell like peanut cookies

My hair stinks of peanuts cookies but Im too lazy to wash it.

Khei Khei msged me just now telling me how much she hated drifting away from her friends.
Or rather how she hated that people drift apart sometimes.

I hate it too.
But its happening, and its out of my control.
In fact, I started feeling it last year; feeling that we're drifting apart.
Or rather.. I am drifting.
I tried to close the gap, but to no avail.
So I've decided to just let it flow.. and go with the flow.
People come and go, I know.
You'll just have to accept it and move on with life.
Its just easier said than done.

And to those out there who're feeling the same way,
like you feel as if you don't belong anymore,
your bestfriend doesn't feel like your bestfriend anymore,
or if you feel like you can only depend on yourself and its difficult to handle all these feelings at once,
just hold on.
You'll get used to it.
Occasionally the sadness and feeling of need for the old times will take over,
but don't worry.
It won't be so bad after you get used to it.

It won't be so bad anymore.

It won't be so bad anymore..

It won't be so bad anymore.


Just be happy it happened, they always say.
And then don't think about it anymore.
Just move on.

Move on.


What I've learnt is to never get too close to anyone.
Always remember that everything is only temporary.
Friends don't stay with you forever no matter what they say.
Its a fact of life nobody wants to recognize.

Cherish every moment you have with them, cos you never know when they have to leave,
or when you have to leave,
or when you both will start drifting apart.

Today, you both may be the best of friends.
Sharing, laughing, crying together.

Three months later, you could be like strangers.
And then you wonder to yourself, "Did all those years of friendship, joy and laughter mean anything to him/her?"







I tried.. really, I tried.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home