Friday, December 22, 2006

I know you're gonna like it.

When I was seven, I was standard 1. (haha like duh)
On the third day of my primary school life,
I decided to play catching with some of my little friends.
If I'm not wrong those friends were Su Lyn, Pui Yean, Edwina and another two girls I think.
But I clearly remembered the other three there at that time.

Before I had left for school (SKDJ 1) that day,
My babysitter, Mama Nancy gave me a bottle of barley to take to school with me.
I was so thrilled I kept holding on to the small bottle of barley. (I was seven laaa.)

We started our game of catching with the usual 'Who's shoe is the dirty shoe',
and then we all started running.
I don't remember who was the 'catcher' at the time.

I ran while holding on to my little bottle of barley,
excitedly I ran around the poles hoping she wouldn't catch me. (the poles were our 'houses' where the catcher couldn't get us, and also a place for us to rest after running around)

I turned around and I saw her running towards me.
I quickly turned and headed for my 'house'.
As I was in the midst of running,
I suddenly felt myself falling.
The thoughts going through my head were, "daddy's gonna scold me I hope they don't call my parents." (I used to fall down a lot during ages 6 to 10 and my dad would screw me everytime I did =.=)

I don't really remember what happened afterthat,
but Im supposing that after hitting the ground, I slided at quite a fast speed (due to the running)
and my mouth hit one of the poles.
I don't remember how the pain was like, or if there was even any pain at all.
What I do remember was that I saw something like half of one of my front tooth in the sand through the tears blurring my eyes.

My other friends crowded around me as I lay on the floor,
but none tried to help me up.
They just looked down upon me with curious eyes.
I felt so helpless.

And then this elder girl, I still remember her name was Michelle Yap, hoisted me up and brought me to the office with the help of one of her friends.
The discipline teacher at that time was Pn. Tai.
She washed my bloody gums for me, and when I looked myself in the small mirror,
the whole of my right front tooth was gone.

At the age of 7, most of my milk teeth had already dropped off and my two front teeth were already permanent ones.
My tears kept rolling down my cheeks.
Not in pain, but in fear.
In fear of what my Daddy and Mummy would say.
I knew my Daddy was going to scold me.

My Dad came and took me to the dentist.
I was too afraid to look at his face, because I knew he'd be angry.
Then he held out his hand to me, and I took it.
We walked out of the classroom and to the carpark together.
I caught a glimpse of his expression as he was driving,
and noted that he didn't look the least bit crossed.
He was wearing another weird expression which I couldn't comprehend at the time,
but now I know that that expression was one of worry.

After some X-Rays, and wound cleanings,
the dentist said that half of my front tooth was broken in half,
and the other half had been hammered back into my gum, crushing all the roots.
My tooth was dead.

Afterthat, we waited two years for it to come back out,
and then my dentist put a cap over it to make it look like a normal tooth.
Its grown brown over the years, due to the (I don't know the word for it) used to keep the cap from collecting dirt and rotting.
The dentist then told me that I'd have to wait til I was 13 or 14 to have it crowned.
That seemed like such a long wait to a little 9 year old.

Well, my appointment is at 2.30pm, and Im finally gonna get this baby fixed.
No more ugly front teeth for me! :D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home