Tuesday, August 09, 2011

This is my time to shine.

I have never done anything fantastic in my life. Never won a competition, never really did well in school, am not extraordinarily good looking, was always on the heavy side.... was always mediocre.

I never tried hard enough or allowed myself to dream; always thinking that I must accept my mediocrity... because I was so afraid of failing. So afraid of feeling disheartened. But I now understand that not doing anything in itself, is failure. Perhaps one even bigger than actually trying and failing.

My 21st year. The hardest so far. My year to finally prove my worth.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you never fail you would never know the sweet taste of success when you finally attain it! Believe in yourself. You are worth much more than you think. :)

Sunday, August 14, 2011 3:31:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the above person. Where are the happy posts up. Love yr sis xx

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:55:00 pm  
Blogger LasithaEkanayake said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:49:00 pm  
Blogger hweeching said...

Wow Anonymous 1, thanks for the kind words. It truly feels nice to know someone's cheering me on.

And Anonymous 2, I think you're Amirah hahaha <3 you.

Lasitha: You are irrelevant. Don't try and put your suffering on me. If you're too weak to pick yourself up, don't blame others for it.

Thursday, November 03, 2011 8:04:00 am  
Blogger LasithaEkanayake said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home